Nordic Walking is an exiting new outdoor walking technique using specially designed walking poles.
For the general exerciser Nordic Walking burns on average 20% more calories than normal walking at the same speed, plus most people find it more comfortable.
Nordic Walking is suitable for everyone as each individual establishes their own pace. It is the perfect aerobic partner for Pilates, utilising core muscles, whilst correcting gait and providing aerobic activity.
- Exercises your whole body
- Muscles most actively involved are the backs of the arms, the rear part of the shoulders, the large pectoral muscles and the broad back muscles.
- Significantly releases pain and muscle tension in the neck and shoulder region.
- Strengthens the spine and reduces back pain by increasing rotation of the spine in every stride.
- Can reduce symptoms of repetitive strain injury
- Reduces the load on knees and other joints
- Strengthens the bones of the lower and upper body and can combat the effects of osteoporosis
How classes are run
Everyone must first attend a 2 hr workshop. After this the client can buy their own poles and continue the exercise on their own, join a small group class or attend a course to establish good technique.
|Introductory 2 hour workshop||£15 per person (for groups of 4 or more)|
|2 persons workshop||£30 per person|
|3 persons workshop||£20 per person|